For eight years, Abby Johnson worked for Planned Parenthood, America's largest abortion provider. During her time, she quickly rose in the organization to become a clinic director.
In 2009, Abby witnessed an abortion through an ultrasound. She was horrified to see a 13 week old baby who fought for its life and eventually lost it. It was at this moment that Abby's life changed and a dramatic transformation took place.
Abby now gives speeches across the globe explaining why she became pro-life and why she worked at Planned Parenthood for so long. In addition to speaking around the globe and her recent work with Americans United for Life she is the author of the book, Unplanned. The talk below was given on February 29, 2012 at the FOCUS campus of Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, Colorado.
Abby graciously agreed to allow us to show the contents of the talk. It is a great talk and a fantastic story.
Tell us what stood out to you about it below.
You Might Also like
- The FOCUS Digital Campus by Kevin Cotter
- First-Hand Account: Pope Benedict in Cuba
- Chick Flick and Romance Novel Alternatives: What To Watch And Read During An Emotional Images Fast
- FOCUS International Conference
- What is Emotional Chastity?
- Throwing Stones at Ocho's Pornography
- Top Six Reasons to Download the New FOCUS Equip Mobile App
- March for Life 2012 Video
- Catholic Video Responses to I Love Jesus But Hate Religion
- FOCUS Missionaries Tebowing
- Catholic Summary: Does Jesus Hate Religion?
- Mark Wahlberg -- on Film, Family, and Faith
- On Angry Birds and Sainthood
- Why Dead People Matter Part 1 - What It Means to Follow Jesus
- FOCUSequip Website: By the Numbers
- Welcome to FOCUSequip Website and the Website Launch Contest
- Why Dead People Matter Part 2 - Why do we have relics again?
- And the winners are...
- Why Dead People Matter Part 3 - Lord, Liar, Lunatic, and Legend
- What is the New Evangelization? The answer might surprise you
- The Ultimate Relationship
- The Crux - To Preach Christ Crucified
- FOCUS Outreach Videos
- Three Purposes of a Bible Study
- The Pope Apologized for What?!